Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault AllegationJune 14, 2018 9:20am

A special entertainment task force is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, prosecutors in Los Angeles County have confirmed. Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Police say the woman reported the alleged incident to police in Santa Monica in November last year. Police haven't revealed anything about the nature of the allegation, and it's not clear how charges could be filed: Sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations that was in place in California at the time.



Martin Singer, Stallone's lawyer, is pushing back hard against the allegation. He tells CNN that his client "categorically denies" the allegation and says it is "inappropriate" to "try to ruin" somebody with it.

"It's outrageous that the DA's office and PD would announce this information because it makes the public think that there's something there," Singer says. The lawyer tells the New York Post that Stallone met the woman while filming Rambo III in the late 1980s and they had a "consensual, sexual" relationship for several years.

Singer, who says Stallone didn't hear from the woman until after the Harvey Weinstein scandal last year, accuses prosecutors of trying to appease the "#MeToo generation." (Jamie Foxx is also denying a sexual assault claim.)

More From Newser

This article originally appeared on Newser: Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault Allegation

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

Wynn accuser makes extraordinary claims in court filingsA woman who says casino mogul Steve Wynn raped her in Chicago in the early 1970s and that she gave birth to his daughter has provided sworn court documents containing inconsistencies about dates, names and other accounts
Gunman who forced motel guests to have sex, then raped women, gets 148-year sentenceA man who forced couples staying in New Jersey motels to have sex at gunpoint, then locked the men in the bathroom and raped the women, was sentenced Thursday to 148 years in prison.
FILE - In this Tuesday, April 10, 2018 file photo, Willow Creek Community Church Senior Pastor Bill Hybels, sixth from left, and other church leaders pray before the congregation in South Barrington, Ill., where Hybels announced his early retirement effective immediately, amid a cloud of misconduct allegations involving women in his congregation. The announcement was made during a special meeting at the church, one of the nation's largest evangelical churches, which Hybels founded. (Mark Black/Daily Herald via AP)
Evangelicals confront sex abuse problems in #MeToo era
Michigan State alumni magazine changed amid Nassar scandalMichigan State University's alumni magazine has opted for a positive message after the original issue addressing the Larry Nassar sex abuse scandal was scrapped by Interim President John Engler
Ex-ICE agent pleads not guilty to sexual assaultA former special agent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting two women and using his position to make sure they didn't report the crimes
Victims of clergy sexual abuse and their family members react as Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro speaks during a news conference at the Pennsylvania Capitol in Harrisburg, Pa., Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018. A Pennsylvania grand jury says its investigation of clergy sexual abuse identified more than 1,000 child victims. The grand jury report released Tuesday says that number comes from records in six Roman Catholic dioceses. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
'Weaponization of faith': Examples from clergy abuse report
This component is currently unavailable.
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices